Ok, so technically he wasn’t two months today (this post is now nine days late) but with round the clock feeds and the first lot of immunisations- with post jab fever- under our belts, along with sensory classes and lunch dates with friends I haven’t seen since I became a Mama, I’ve barely had time to catch my breath let alone write a post!
But as I sit here on the first feed of the night/morning, I’m beginning to realise I just need to make time if I can’t find it. Otherwise baby journals will go unfinished, milestone cards unfilled and the camera will be left on the shelf, when I should have grabbed it sooner to capture that unmissable moment.
It feels as if Little Ored’s development has suddenly ramped up a gear and now he’s changing by the day as opposed to weeks. This week alone, he has both sucked his thumb and laughed for the very first time, the latter filling me with such joy that I haven’t stopped smiling since.
At two months Little Ored…
- Smiles ALL of the time, yet despite this it’s proving impossible to take a photo as he’s easily distracted by my phone!
- Is a serious chatterbox- gurgling away non-stop during a nappy change or playtime, as if deep in conversation.
- Has discovered his hands, which he either balls into a fist and either stares at or sucks at (usually until he gags)
- Is bewitched by his surroundings- whether it’s the lampshade in the living room, prints in his nursery or the photo frames on the kitchen wall, he can’t stop gazing at the world around him.
- Has grown SO much that he’s practically on his way into 3-6 clothing already. More importantly (and worryingly) he’s almost the size of his sleep box, which is leaving Ored and I in a bit of a dilemma as to what we do going forward!
Milestone cards from Paper & Wool